Why study in New Zealand?

World-Class Education: All 8 of New Zealand’s universities are in the top 3% in the world and they lead the way through academic excellence and personalized experiences.

Globally recognized and respected qualifications: Make your CV valuable across the world.

The second most peaceful country as per the Global Peace Index, 2018.

Unbeatable Lifestyle: Improve your work/life balance and enjoy the stunning nature of New Zealand.

​A new way of learning: Questions and critical thinking are encouraged. Hands-on and practical style of teaching. Gain life skills. Emphasis on personal growth and development

Great time to become a Ph.D. holder: Ph.D. students pay the same fees as New Zealanders. You can also work full time while completing your studies.

Work while you study: You may be able to support your studies with paid work. A part-time job gives you valuable experience in the New Zealand workplace.

Image by Melissa Askew

How can we assist you?

Trusthaven Immigration has partnered with all the top-tier universities and institutes across New Zealand. We can help students with:

1. Guidance for choosing what to study: Our team of LIAs can assess your qualifications and experience to advise a suitable course that would improve your chances of finding employment in New Zealand.  

2. Institute/University’s admission process: We will look after the entire admission process including getting the offer letter from the Institute.

3. Visa process: We can take care of the entire Visa process for you as well so that all you do is focus on your studies and on starting a new life in New Zealand.

4. If you are completing your studies, we can assist you with applying for the Post-study Work Visa.

Diversity Students
Studying Online

Study pathway for overseas students

Overseas students looking to come to New Zealand to study have another pathway available to them while the borders remain closed.

They can start their course via online delivery and come to New Zealand when the borders open for overseas students.


New Zealand has been accepting some students to enter the country from as early as October 2020 with a further border class exception for 1,000 international tertiary students being approved by the Government on 22 October 2022.




College Students

After studies are over

Depending on what and where you have studied, you may be eligible for a 1, 2, or a 3-year post-study work visa. This may be your pathway to residency as well depending on factors such as if your job is on the LTSSL (Long term skill shortage list) etc.