top of page
  • Writer's pictureTHI

Work rights now available for more partners of students

The Government has expanded eligibility for work visas for partners of some students studying towards a Green List occupation.


This is in relation to occupations that require occupational registration to be able to work. This means people with student visas studying for these registration qualifications can now support their partner's application for a Partner of a Student Work Visa.


People can now apply for a Partner of Student Work Visa, with open work rights, if their partner is studying a specified level 7 or 8 bachelor’s or bachelor’s (honours) degree that will lead directly to professional registration required for a Green List role. 

This relates to Green List roles where occupational registration, rather than qualification requirements, are specified, such as nurses, doctors, and teachers.  

For partners who are now eligible, their dependent school-aged children can be treated as domestic students. The children can apply for a Dependent Child Student Visa so they will not have to pay tuition fees to go to school. This currently applies to anyone with a Partner of a Student Work Visa.


Commenting has been turned off.
bottom of page